yleader

Potential final project topic

I would like to do a comparison on what could of been done in the bronx regarding the potential growth that exists in the community and what actually took place with the reopening of Yankee Stadium that is not serving the community in the way that it should.

The growth in black sitcoms, a comparison with black shows in the 60″s versus the 90″s. What changed over time. Possibly a comparison in salaries. How were blacks portrayed in the 60″s compared to the 90″s? What is said to be the future of black shows and how they will be portrayed.

I may look to research Black Museums…the Guggenheim, Museum of Natural History and the Metropolitan museums are more talked about and popular…but where are the Black museums? I am sure there are interesting cultural related items and stuff that can be found there too…so I am thinking about focusing on Black museums for my research project.

2 Responses to “Potential final project topic”

1.   biancaerriahon 01 Mar 2010 at 4:33 pm

This project proposal sounds quite interesting to see the difference between both the 60s & 90s of black sitcoms.
    Watching shows like The Jeffersons compared to Fresh Prince and then comparing those to recent sitcoms like My Wife and Kids, House of Payne, and The Game.
    If you look through time the 60’s start with 1 black sitcome and 2000 ends with over 25 different black sitcoms.
    So i hope you go through with this because it would be an interesting read =]

2.   antoniaon 13 Mar 2010 at 3:57 pm

Great ideas, I especially like the last two. I would prefer the sit-com topic but would like to hear more about how you imagine to conduct research on the Black museums before deciding. Looking forward to reading more on this!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS