yleader

Final Project ideas

I am moving toward doing my final project on Black Museums. I am interested in finding out if people realize they exist by doing a couple of interviews.  I am hoping to also get statics from the actual museums that I found online regarding what their attendance rate is and who the visitors are (gender, age, ethinicity). How long they have been in existance. What do they feel are the reasons why there are so few Black museums compared to other museums. Why they feel the Black museums are not as popular as the more talked about museum such as the Guggenheim, Museum of Natural Resources etc. 

I would also like to find out the history of the museum and how it got started.  How are they doing in this financial climate as far as sustainability.  If there are other Black Museums aside from the two that I was able to find online.  What type of publicity is done to let the people know that they exist. I used google to search for the museums but it took a while for me to find them. So I am hoping to get good information from the staff. I am also hoping that they will allow me to take pictures inside the museum also. I am excited about this project and hope I am successful in making this my final project.

3 Responses to “Final Project ideas”

1.   halie27on 17 Mar 2010 at 3:27 pm

Edtricia, I think that your final project is very interesting and you will be very successful with think. I dont think that this is a topic that has been explored alot, and I think that you could teach all of us something about them. It would also be interesting to hear what people who involved in making these museums successful have to say about how they were created and what would go into making them and deciding what kind of exhibits will go into the museum. I am very interested in seeing how your project comes out and I cant wait to hear all about it!
    -halie

2.   yleaderon 17 Mar 2010 at 3:31 pm

Thanks Halie, you made interesting points, I would also like to know how they went about deciding what would be displayed in the museum. I have to include that as part of my interview questions. I didn’t think of that. Thanks for the tip!

3.   antoniaon 22 Mar 2010 at 2:27 pm

Greta topic, Edtricia! Very detailed outline. In terms of the visual aspect of your study, maybe you could focus on getting images on the history of the two museums your found and Black Museums in general, as well as visuals from past and present exhibitions. Another idea is to interview a few visitors to the museums about the reason for their visit, how they found about the museum etc. You could ask them to take their picture if they agree to be included in the study.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS