yleader

Final Project – beginnings

I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of actual museum passes that I was given last year (which are good until May 31st).  Although the passes are for the Museum of Natural History, it is still related to my project because I plan to do my project on Black Museums.  I will hopefully be visiting the Museum of Natural History during Spring break. Hopefully I will have in mind what angle I will use for my project so I can get some ideas of what to focus on when I visit the museum next week. 

This is a pass for 4 people to attend the Museum of Natural History

My next picture is from the actual website of a Black Museum that I found through “googling” Black Museums. I only found two actual websites, one in Queens and one in Long Island. The below photo is from the website of the “African American Museum” located in Hempstead, New York. Actually I limited my research to museums in Queens but since there was only one, I extended my search to include Long Island.

This picture was downloaded from the African American museum website

http://theaam.org/contactus.html

2 Responses to “Final Project – beginnings”

1.   antoniaon 05 Apr 2010 at 6:22 pm

Good start, but I hope next time around you will be able to show us more of what is actually going on in these museums and with their visitors.

2.   halie27on 12 Apr 2010 at 1:02 pm

interesting, there might be other museums that have portions dedicated to african american history i dont know if youd be interested in that but it could also be cool to see how those museums are dedicated to african american history.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS